Style Number: SN6-394
The Hill-Side sneakers are responsibly manufactured by well-paid, highly skilled craftspeople in a beautiful, 140-year old factory in western Japan. They're sewn and assembled completely by hand, and are produced using a traditional vulcanization process that employs natural rubber that the factory processes in-house.
We visit the factory twice a year for on-site design and development meetings, and to inspect the production of our products.
- Ethically manufactured in Japan, at one of the world's oldest sneaker factories
- The Hill-Side MizuTech Weatherproof Cotton
- Custom-designed gusseted tongue keeps water out
- High-traction natural rubber outsole with slightly raised heel
- Extra-rugged toe cap and toe guard
- Rubber side panel and heel cap provide added durability
- Comes with two pairs of laces: black/turquoise boot laces and white sneaker laces
- Brass D-rings and painted brass eyelets
- Pull tabs at heel and tongue
- Comfortable lightweight cotton terry cloth lining
- Sewn and assembled by hand
MADE IN JAPAN
NOTE: These shoes run about a half-size larger than standard shoe sizes, nearly identical in fit to Converse Chuck Taylors.
- MizuTech Weatherproof Cotton: densely woven long-staple cotton yarns swell when they come in contact with water, shrinking the fabric pores small enough to stop water penetration while still retaining good breathability
- 100% cotton, woven in Japan