Style Number: SN10-406
The Hill-Side sneakers are responsibly manufactured by well-paid, highly skilled craftspeople in a beautiful, 140-year old factory in western Japan. They're sewn and assembled completely by hand, and are produced using a traditional vulcanization process that employs natural rubber that the factory processes in-house.
We visit the factory twice a year for on-site design and development meetings, and to inspect the production of our products.
- Ethically manufactured in Japan, at one of the world’s oldest sneaker factories
- Inspired by 1950s US Air Force survival kit moccasin boots
- Sewn and assembled by hand
- Vulcanized construction
- Herringbone pattern natural rubber outsole
- Custom-designed rope lacing system allows for several different lacing configurations
- Canvas-backed rubber foxing tape
- Twill tape binding at inner tongue
MADE IN JAPAN
NOTE: These boots are only available in whole sizes, and they run about a half-size larger than standard shoe sizes. If you are in between sizes, we recommend rounding down to the nearest whole size.
- 60% wool / 40% rayon felt
- Fabric origin: Japan