Style Number: PT1-001ID
This is a very special, limited edition version of our classic Japanese chambray pointed tie.
This tie is dyed in natural plant indigo; dipped two times in the indigo vat to achieve a dark, saturated indigo color. The tie started out as raw, unwashed indigo chambray and the dyeing process results in subtle variations in color between the original indigo and white yarns. The dyeing process also gives the tie a soft, wrinkled look with a roughness that is very unusual to neckties.
NOTE: This tie has been washed after dyeing in order to remove as much excess indigo as possible, but it is still susceptible to staining other fabrics, especially a white shirt. If you wear this tie with a white shirt you may notice faint dye-migration under the collar, which may or may not come out in the wash. We cannot accept responsibility for stained shirts, so please take this disclaimer seriously.
- Limited Edition, only 36 pieces produced
- Handmade in Brooklyn, NY and dyed in Los Angeles, CA
- 57" long
- Natural cotton twill tape "keeper loop"
- Natural cotton twill tape label
- Traditional 4-fold construction, with hand-stitched center seam, hand-sewn bartacks, and cotton muslin tipping
- 5oz selvedge chambray
- 100% cotton
- Raw, unwashed indigo chambray, over-dyed in natural indigo
- Woven in Okayama, Japan on antique shuttle looms