Style Number: SN5-460
- "Fingerprint" Indigo Jacquard fabric is custom woven for The Hill-Side at a wonderful, small textile mill in Okayama, Japan
- Each shoe is slightly different due to the non-repeating woven pattern
- The "New Slip-On" is a revamped version of our original Slip-On, featuring a higher ankle profile and rubber heel guard
- Ethically manufactured in Japan, at one of the world's oldest sneaker factories
- Sewn and assembled by hand
- Vulcanized construction
- Herringbone pattern natural rubber outsole
- Canvas-backed rubber foxing tape
- Twill tape binding at tongue
The Hill-Side sneakers are responsibly manufactured by well-paid, highly skilled craftspeople in a beautiful, 140-year old factory in western Japan. They're sewn and assembled completely by hand, and are produced using a traditional vulcanization process that employs natural rubber that the factory processes in-house.
We visit the factory twice a year for on-site design and development meetings, and to inspect the production of our products.