From Chamula: “A product of designer Yuki Matsuda’s travels through rural Mexico in the 1990s, Chamula strives to preserve the art of delicately-made knit and woven goods from the Michoacán region.
“Chamula huarache footwear is notable for the exclusive use of vegetable-tanned leathers. The natural vegetable tanning process results in supple, breathable leathers, perfectly adapted for light footwear.”
- Hand-made by indigenous artisans using traditional huarache-making techniques
- 100% vegetable-tanned cowhide leather
- Natural, un-dyed leather will darken and gain character over time
- Leather is cut and woven by hand
- Rawhide laces
- Comfortable, slip-resistant crepe sole
- True to size
MADE IN MEXICO
NOTE: These shoes are only available in whole sizes. If you are in-between sizes, we recommend rounding down to the nearest whole size, as the leather will stretch out a bit with regular wear.